If you find lice, don't worry or be embarrassed. Head lice are a normal
part of childhood -
nearly 1 in 10 primary school children could have head lice at any one time.
If you're a parent you probably know what a hassle it is to treat head lice and just how
frustrating it can be when your child comes home scratching their head yet again.
But parents can fight the spread of head lice by working together:
- Check your family's hair for lice regularly - once a week is ideal!
- Visit your local pharmacist for guidance on the various treatments available
- Get treatment for you or your family as soon as you find live lice
- Let your friends and family know as soon as you've found live lice
- Ask your school, childcare centre, creche and activity groups to let you know
about head lice outbreaks as soon as they're discovered
1 in 4 parents believe schools check for nits - WRONG
A reliable method for diagnosing head lice infection, the Hedrin
Head Lice Detection Comb is 3.84 times more effective than a visual inspection